- The maximum recommended daily dose of Ranexa® is 1000 mg BID*
- Limit the dose of Ranexa to 500 mg BID in patients on moderate CYP3A inhibitors (e.g., diltiazem, verapamil, erythromycin, fluconazole, and grapefruit juice or grapefruit-containing products)
- When used with P-gp inhibitors (e.g., cyclosporine), the exposure to Ranexa may be increased. Titrate Ranexa based on clinical response
- Ranexa should be swallowed whole; do not crush, break, or chew
Across clinical trials, 87% of patients taking Ranexa were on 1000 mg BID.2
Review the clinical properties of Ranexa, including information about:
- Rate-pressure product
- Tolerance to therapy
- Dose-free interval
- PDE-5 inhibitors
1. Ranexa [package insert]. Foster City, CA: Gilead Sciences, Inc.; January 2016.
2. Data on file. Gilead Sciences, Inc.